Your Investment Consultant’s Responsibilities
As a fiduciary, SIA will provide assurance that the retirement plan offers its participants suitable investment options and the finest mutual and collective funds to assist them in creating a diversified, appropriate and balanced portfolio.
Specifically, as an ERISA fiduciary for the plan, you can be assured that SIA will:
- Assume a level of fiduciary responsibility for the plan’s investments
- Create, revise, update and ensure adherence to the Investment Policy Statement
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of options and promptly inform the committee of events that may affect a specific investment option
- Represent all investment issues
- Meet regularly with retirement plan committee to review absolute and relative investment performance, market trends and plan issues
- Review applicable education materials and make recommendations
- Monitor new funds for possible inclusion in plan options
Click below for a few questions you should ask potential consultants to help you determine the best people suited to meet your company’s needs.